Local Government Transparency Code 2015
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 ('the Code') came into effect on 1 April 2015. The Code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in exercise of powers under section 2 of the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980, and replaces any previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
The Code does not replace or supersede the existing framework for access to and re-use of public sector information provided by the:
· Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012)
· Environmental Information Regulations 2004
· Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005
· Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community regulations 2009
· Sections 25 and 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 which provides rights for persons to inspect a local authority's accounting records and supporting documentation, and to make copies of them.
Holme Valley Parish Council meets the definition of a local authority covered by the requirements of the Code, defined as a 'parish council which has gross annual income or expenditure (whichever is higher) exceeding £200,000'
The Parish Council complies with the requirements of the Code where applicable, by publishing the information on its website. The requirements of the code stipulate that we publish:
- Expenditure exceeding £500
- Government Procurement Card transactions
- Procurement Information (details of every invitation for tender exceeding £5,000 and details of any contract, commissioned activity exceeding £5,000
- Additionally, local authorities are required to publish the following information annually:
- Local Authority Land
- Social housing assets
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- Organisational chart
- Trade union facility time
- Parking account
- Parking Spaces
- Senior salaries
- Waste contracts
Not all of these are applicable to the Parish Council and here below is listed our requirements under the Code. Publication required of Holme Valley Parish Council under the Transparency Code
Expenditure Exceeding £5000
Publication Frequency: Monthly
Visit our Accounts page to view the expenditure sheets detailing each individual items of expenditure including those exceeding £500.
Accounting information includes credit notes over £500.
Information on grants awarded and Section 137 payments made are also uploaded to the Parish Council website for electors to view at the end of the financial year
Publication Frequency: Quarterly
Details of every invitation to tender for contracts to provide goods and services; details of contracts, commissioned, activity and purchases exceeding £5,000 are available on our finance page.
Local Authority Land and Assets Publication Frequency: Annually
The Parish Council reviews its asset register on at least an annual basis to ensure that it is up to date. View our current Asset Register.
Holme Valley Parish Council retains some land in the Holme Valley administered through the separate Holme Valley Land Charity; the Parish Council also owns garages for lease at Thirstin Road, Honley and at Dover Lane, Holmfirth and has allotments at Watery Lane, Holme
Grants Publication Frequency: Annually
Details of our grants process is available on our Grants Page.
Details of organisations who have been awarded a grant are published on our Accounts page, and we also maintain a collated list of all grants awarded in the previous financial year.
Publication Frequency: Annually
Please click here to download and view our organisation chart.
Publication Frequency: Annually
Local Councils unlike principal authorities are not required by law to adopt a constitution. However they do need to adopt Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and other governing Policy Documents which set out how the Council governs itself.