JOB VACANCY - ASSISTANT CLERK
Published: 30 January 2023
Job Advert as PDF
Holme Valley Parish Council has a vacancy for the post of Assistant Clerk to the Parish Council
- Permanent post of 25 hours per week.
- Salary within the range of SCP 18 (£27,344) to 23 (£30,151) dependent upon experience.
- Pro rata for 25 hours per week £18,475.68 - £20,372.30.
Holme Valley Parish Council serves a population of nearly 30,000 people with the aim to improve the quality of life of residents. The communities served by Holme Valley Parish Council are welcoming, our councillors are knowledgeable and supportive and the Parish Council plays an important part in providing services, amenities and grant funding.
The Assistant Clerk post is a new role within a team of three officers, created to strengthen and support the outward-facing work of the Clerking Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicating and engaging with the public in relation to the Council's strategic priorities and projects, including climate action in the Holme Valley.
- Providing clerking services to the Climate Action, Communications and Engagement Committee which is expected to meet 4 times per year.
- Advising and supporting the Planning Committee on planning matters and clerking the monthly meetings.
Meetings are usually scheduled on Mondays 7-9pm. Full training and support will be provided.
This is a varied role which would suit someone who would like to work within a supportive team of three officers. Strong communication and administration skills are vital as the role involves regular liaison with the ward councillors and handling queries from members of the public.
Please email Mrs Jen McIntosh, Clerk, email@example.com for a full application pack or to arrange an informal discussion regarding the role.
Closing date 12pm MONDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2023.
Please note that interviews are scheduled to take place TUESDAY 7/ WEDNESDAY 8 MARCH 2023